Kompleks Creative is growing. Because of our growth, we are building our business development team to assist in marketing our services, building our brand and developing new client relationships. The ideal candidate must have a strong understanding of marketing, graphic design and technology with excellent writing skills. We are looking for someone that is outgoing, energetic and social who performs well under pressure.
Business Development Specialist
- Be an integral part of Kompleks Creative’s new business process and operations
- Maintain a respectful, enthusiastic and professional attitude towards coworkers, clients and outside colleagues
- Become a subject matter expert on Kompleks Creative and its client work
- Analyze inbound inquiries, evaluate prospects and outline requirements for internal team
- Create pitches by collaborating with production team
- Ensure all final versions of pitch materials and case studies are added to Kompleks Creative’s database
- Programatize our new business process and establish goals and measurements around our targets
- Optimize our current systems and processes, including Salesforce and list management services, and encourage compliance across teams in our agency to support new business
- Systemize and track targets, progress and results
- Create case studies and collateral that merchandise our agency results for prospects
- Maintain client work examples in content inventory
- Represent the agency externally at industry events and networking opportunities as needed
- Attend networking events, seminars and conferences to maintain personal professional development and to build networking and new business contacts
- Conduct research, analyze market dynamics and conduct diligence to establish new business company targets
- Analyze markets and companies in the tech ecosystem to identify relevant new client opportunities
- Prioritize targets and implement approaches and campaigns that reach them
- Plan and execute marketing campaigns that drive new business and elevate the Kompleks Creative brand
- Create and distribute outbound marketing campaigns to generate leads
- Conduct email outreach campaigns, qualify and track leads and lead introductory calls
- Create and spearhead agency campaign calendar, targeting specific verticals aligned with our practice groups to develop a qualified new business pipeline
- Create and update new business presentations in PowerPoint
- Create and generate content for company social media channels and blog
- Commitment to professional development
- Proactively set up quarterly goals with manager; track against goals and demonstrate growth
- Effectively prioritize responsibilities based on impact, timelines, workflow and client goals
- Identify areas for self-improvement and bring suggestions and solutions to management
- Responsible use of flexible work policies
- 3-5 years of experience, with a focus on business-to-business marketing or sales operations; PR, marketing or sales agency experience a plus
- Experienced project manager with proven track record of delivering creative projects with demanding deadlines
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly organized, motivated and detail-oriented
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with AP style writing
The duties delineated above will vary depending on the needs of the teams, and in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisors.
We are looking for someone that is versatile and finds opportunity. An independent thinker, innovator and a strategist, all rolled into one. You will work directly with the principal to develop and execute goals, strategy and tactics.
Above all, we’re looking for passionate people. Those with a love for design, technology and entrepreneurship, as well as, a love for Durham.
Please include writing samples and a cover letter with a short summary of what your first week on the job might look like. We are looking for entry level and associate candidates. Those with degrees in business, PR and marketing will usually be able to hit the ground running.